There are some of the most commonly ask question about What does Niti Aayog stands for | What is the Meaning of Niti Aayog | Acronyms for Niti Aayog | definition of Niti Aayog | Niti Aayog meaning | Niti Aayog full form in different categories.
Full Form of NITI Aayog: National Institution for Transforming India
NITI Aayog Stands for National Institution for Transforming India. NITI Aayog is a commission of the Government of India that helps in planning and coordinating the development of the country. It was established on January 1, 2015 and replaced the previous Planning Commission.
The NITI Aayog is the highest decision-making body in the government of India and is responsible for formulating and implementing policy in the fields of healthcare, education, urban development, and transportation, among others.
Objective of Niti Aayog
The main goal of NITI Aayog is to come up with a plan to help India develop so that its economy and social conditions improve rapidly and population is controlled. The commission also works with experts in various fields, government officials, research organizations and NGOs.
NITI Aayog provides information to the Government of India about which development plan should be made in which area to create a common goal among different groups.
- NITI Aayog was formed on 1 January 2015.
- The old name of NITI Aayog (National Institute for Transforming India) was Planning Commission, 1 January 2015 the name of Planning Commission was changed to NITI Aayog.
- It was established in 2015 as a ‘think tank’ to provide policy advice and strategic recommendations to the Prime Minister and the Council of Ministers.
- It was set up by the Manmohan Singh government to bring together the best ideas and plans from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to identify gaps and challenges, and develop and recommend solutions.
Structure of NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog is headed by the Prime Minister of the country.
- It consists of a Vice President, and a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- They are appointed by the Prime Minister. these are secretary-level officers in the central government.
- In addition, the commission consists of full-time, part-time, and ex-officio members.
- 4 members are nominated by the Prime Minister himself from the cabinet.
- Along with this, some invited members are also kept, these are people who have done remarkable work in their field.
When was NITI Aayog established?
About 70 years ago, the Planning Commission was constituted in March 1950. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was the first director of the Planning Commission.
The main function of that planning commission is To assess the available resources in the country and prepare five-year plans and allocated Those resources according to their need.
1st January 2015 this NITI Aayog Institute has been implemented in place of the Planning Commission. NITI Aayog was constituted on 1 January 2015 by the Chairman of NITI Aayog, Shri Narendra Modi.
What are the main functions of NITI Aayog?
It is responsible for formulating and implementing India’s national goals and policies. The Aayog’s principal task is to coordinate the work of central government departments and ministries in order to achieve the government’s vision for a ‘New India’.
This involves making recommendations on key issues such as agriculture, healthcare, skill development, and transportation. these are some main objectives of NITI Aayog-
- The main objective of NITI Aayog is to accelerate the country’s economic growth and development.
- To develop a shared vision of national development priorities, sectors, and strategies with the active participation of the states.
- The role of the Aayog is to provide strategic direction to the government on the economy and to provide a platform for closer interaction between the government and the private sector.
Difference between Niti Aayog and Yojna Aayog
|NITI Aayog||Yojna Aayog|
|NITI Aayog is newly formed the commission||Yojna Aayog is replaced to NITI Aayog|
|NITI Aayog was constituted on 1st January 2015.||The Yojna Aayog was established on 15 March 1950 on the recommendation of the Union Cabinet.|
|The primary function of NITI Aayog is to advise the government on social and economic issues so that the government formulates such schemes which are in the interest of the people.||The main two functions of the Yojna Aayog – are to prepare a five-year plan and to make financial allocations to the ministries and states.|
|NITI Aayog is based on the Bottom-to-Top approach.||Yojna Aayog was based on the Top-to-Bottom approach.|
|NITI Aayog can prepare credible plans, coordinate, monitor, and evaluation of government programs and policies||The Yojna Aayog evaluation assesses the resources.|
What does Niti Aayog stand for?
Niti Aayog stands for “National Institution for Transforming India “.
What is the meaning of Niti Aayog?
The meaning of Niti Aayog is “National Institution for Transforming India “.
What is the full form of Niti Aayog?
The Full Form of Niti Aayog is “National Institution for Transforming India “.
What does Niti Aayog mean?
Niti Aayog means “National Institution for Transforming India “.
What is the Niti Aayog Meaning?
The Niti Aayog means “National Institution for Transforming India “.
What is the Niti Aayog Full Form
Niti Aayog is a term that stands for “National Institution for Transforming India“.
Now you might have got some ideas about the Meaning of Niti Aayog. And also the meaning, definition, abbreviation, and acronym for Niti Aayog in different categories.