IAS is considered to be the most respected job in Indian society. Civil service exam selected candidate gets appointment on these posts.
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Forest Service (IFS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS) – Income Tax
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS) – Customs &
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Indian Defense Estates Service (IDES)
- Indian Economic Service (IES)
- Indian Postal & Telegraph Accounts & Finance Service (IP&TAFS)
- Indian Ordnance Factory Services (IOFS)
- Indian Defense Accounts Service (IDAS)
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
- Indian Information Service (IIS)
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
- Central Secretariat Service
- Union Territory Administrative Service
- Defense Secretariat Service
- state services
- state administrative service
- Union Territory Police Service
- Public Service Department, etc.
- state police service
- State Forest Service
Eligibility & Qualification to become IAS in india
|Exam Name||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Nationality||For Indian Administrative Service and Indian Police Service,|
the candidate must be a citizen of India
|Age Limite||General- The maximum age for a candidate is 32 years.|
The maximum age for OBC-candidate is 35 years.
SC/ST- The maximum age for a candidate is 37 years.
|Age Limite for|
|General – 42 Years (Maximum)|
OBC – 45 Years (Maximum)
SC/ST – 47 Years (Maximum)
|Attempts for The IAS Exam||Gen – 6 Attempts|
OBC – 9 Attempts
SC / ST – Unlimited Attempts
Physically Handicapped – General and OBC 9 Attempts
Physically Handicapped -SC/ST Unlimited Attempts
|How to Apply for IAS||UPSC website – https://upsc.gov.in|
|IAS Exam Process?||The IAS exam is conducted in 3 stages-|
The first stage is called preliminary and
The second is called mains, the third is called interview.
Only those who clear the preliminary exam can –
appear for the mains and interview.
What is the Salary of an IAS officer in india
Candidates who become UPSC IAS officers get very good salaries. According to the 7th Pay Commission, the basic salary of an IAS officer is Rs 56,100. Apart from salary, IAS officer also gets travel allowance (T.A) and dearness allowance (D.A).
The monthly salary of an IAS officer is more than Rs 1 lakh per month. If an IAS officer gets promoted to the post of cabinet secretary, then his salary goes up to Rs 2 lakh 50 thousand per month.