On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of HIV and the meaning of HIV, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for HIV in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of HIV » Human Immunodeficiency Virus
HIV Stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. HIV is a type of virus that affects the immune system of the human body and over time gradually Loss the body’s immune system. HIV is a virus that targets CD4 cells. CD4 are small white blood cells that help the immune system to fight infections.
HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) destroys the CD4 cells and causes AIDS. When CD4 cells are destroyed, the body’s immune system is weaker and the risk of getting an infection is increased.
History of HIV
- In the 19th century, the AIDS virus was first found in certain species of monkeys of Africa.
- The disease was first spread in Kansas, the capital of Congo, Africa in 1920.
- In 1959, the first HIV virus was detected in a blood sample from a sick Congolese man.
- For the first time in 1982, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention used the term AIDS for the disease.
- Luc Montagnier and François Barre Sinussi of the Pasteur Institute in France discovered the LAV (lymphadenopathy-associated virus) virus from an AIDS patient’s swollen lymph gland in 1983.
- There are mainly two types of HIV HIV 1 (Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1) and HIV 2 (Human Immunodeficiency Virus 2)
- World AIDS Day is celebrated every year on the 1st of December since 1988.
- The red ribbon became a symbol of AIDS in 1991.
How to Transmission HIV virus
- A person infected with the HIV virus spreads the virus through their blood.
- This virus is also spread through the organ donation of infected people.
- The virus spreads quickly via unprotected sex.
- This virus is also spread through the milk of a woman who is infected with it.
- The virus can also be transmitted through syringes and needles inserted by patients.
- A child born to an HIV-infected mother can contract the virus as well.