On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of DRDO and the meaning of DRDO, As well as the meaning, definition, abbreviation, and acronym for DRDO in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of DRDO: Defense Research & Development Organization
DRDO Stands for Defense Research & Development Organization. DRDO is the Indian government agency under the Ministry of Defense of India. it is responsible for the research and development of military equipment and technology for the Armed Forces.
DRDO (Defence Research & Development Organisation) was founded in 1958, with the name Defence Development & Production Organisation.
The main focus of the organization is to carry out the development of military technology and equipment for the Indian Armed Forces. The DRDO is headquartered in the South Block, New Delhi, India.
Functions and Objectives of DRDO
It is a leading Indian public sector organization engaged in developing and applying technology for the benefit of the nation and society.
the DRDO is engaged in research and development activities including areas such as national security, environment, energy, health, and education. these are the main Functions, goals, and purposes of DRDO.
- The prime function of the DRDO is to ensure that research and development are carried out in the best possible manner to meet the defense needs of the country.
- The DRDO conducts research in a number of fields, including aeronautical, chemical, electrical, electronic, mechanical, medical, nuclear, ocean, space, textile, transport vehicles, and military applications.
- The organization is also involved in the design, development, and production of a number of high-end defense equipment, such as aircraft carriers, submarines, anti-tank guided missiles, fighter aircraft, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- The organization is also a key partner in India’s space program and has satellite launch facilities at Sriharikota and Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
- The DRDO also undertakes development work, including product improvement, technology transfer, and transfer of defense equipment to the user agencies.