On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of MRSAM and the meaning of MRSAM, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for MRSAM in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of MRSAM – Medium Range Surface to Air Missile
MRSAM Stands for Medium Range Surface to Air Missile. The Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSA) is a fast-moving air-delivering missile, designed to defend itself against incoming missiles.
It has a range of approximately 60 km and is deployed at a height of 1.5 to 2 km above the ground. MRSAM was developed collaboratively by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) and the Defense Research and Development Organization of India (DRDO).
it is used by the Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Army, Israeli Navy, and Azerbaijan Air Force.
- MRSAM has a range of 50-70 km and can shoot down enemy aircraft.
- Command control, mobile launchers, and advanced interceptors have also been installed inside it.
- Even in poor weather, the MRSAM missile system is capable of hitting multiple targets at a range of 70 km.
- This system is fully capable of destroying enemy fighter jets, helicopters, the UAE, and other systems of a similar nature.
- The MRSAM missile is only about 275 kg. It measures 4.5 meters in length and 0.45 meters in diameter.
- The missile can carry a warhead weighing 60 kg.