Are you looking for The meaning and full form of SONAR And what does SONAR stand for? Well, We are going to learn about the definition and meaning of SONAR, the abbreviations of SONAR acronyms, and SONAR meaning in Hindi. So you should read this post till the end?
Full Form of SONAR » Sound Navigation and Ranging
SONAR Stands for Sound Navigation and Ranging. Sound Navigation and Ranging is a technique used by whales, dolphins, porpoises, and other cetaceans to navigate and find food. the same technique used by human beings to locate detect and navigate the objects in the water, such as other ships, submarines, and rocks, and to track the position of those objects.
How to work Sonar technology
Sound navigation systems and ranging systems use Ultrasonic sound waves to navigate the object. Sound navigation uses sounds that can be picked up by a microphone, such as the beep of a radar signal. The system then uses this audio information to navigate. Ranging systems use sounds that can be detected by a microphone, such as crows, but instead of using them to navigate, the system uses them to detect the location of a listener.
Who is the Inventor of sonar
Sonar is derived from an American term. This term was also used as a short form of sound navigation during WWII. Reginald Aubrey Fessenden is credited the inventing the sonar system. but, The first sonar technique was by Leonardo da Vinci in 1490 during World War I. there are many other facts related to the History and Invention Of Sonar System such as-
- In 1822, Daniel Colloden used a bell to calculate the speed of water in a lake in Switzerland. On the basis of this, some scientists believe that the invention of sonar technology started from here. However, at that time this technology was not that effective.
- In 1906, a sonar device was invented by Lewis Nixon. Which he used to find the iceberg.
- During the First World War, sonar technology was used to detect underwater submarines. Sonar started being used by armies of all countries.
- In 1915, Paul Langevin created a sonar device known as “Echolocation of Detecting Submarines” by using the quartz piezoelectric property of submarines to detect ocean objects.
Uses of Sonar technology
Use of Sonar in Military purpose
- The most common use of the sonar system is to locate and destroy enemy ships and submarines.
- Sound Navigation system use to find out the path and navigate the submarine in the sea.
- For safe navigation in shallow water.
- To determine the shipping location.
- To measure the speed of sound.
- for the purpose of repairing machinery
The use of sonar in Medical science
- In medical science, sonar is used in the form of sonography in abdominal, heart, obstetrics, gynecology, cerebrovascular examination, breast examination etc.
- In conducting hearing research.
Use of Sonar for the common citizens
- In taking a sea voyage.
- it use for root mapping.
- To find out the fish in the sea.
- To find the location and disposal of a sinking shipwreck.
The use of sonar in research.
- Animal location and tracking.
- To making seismic measurements.
- To locating the bottom topography.
- To Volcano measurement.
- To locating the resource location.
Does Sonar Kill Marine Wildlife
The sonar system generates ultrasonic waves. The sonar system can produce sound waves up to 2 – 235 decibels, and it is so harmful that it can easily tear your lungs and eardrum. Therefore, it is used only within a boundary area.
SONAR is used as an acronym to represent Sound Navigation and Ranging. now you might have got some idea about the abbreviation, acronym, Full form, and meaning of SONAR.
What does Mean SONAR?
In the above article, we have discussed The Definition and meaning of SONAR. Now we are going to discuss some FAQs that are frequently asked on the internet. So there are many FAQs on the full form of SONAR. let’s explore some of them.
What is the full form of SONAR?
The Full Form of SONAR is ”Sound Navigation and Ranging“ The Definition of SONAR and all possible meanings are given above, You might also like some similar terms related to SONAR.
What does SONAR stand for?
SONAR stands for ”Sound Navigation and Ranging“. But there may be more than one meaning of SONAR, so check out all meanings of SONAR in the Above post section.
What does SONAR mean?
SONAR is an acronym that means ”Sound Navigation and Ranging“. you can read Most used SONAR Full Form Meaning. check out related information in the above section.
What is the SONAR Meaning in Hindi
The SONAR meaning in Hindi is ”ध्वनि नेविगेशन और रेंजिंग“. It may be more than one Meaning of SONAR so check out one by one in the above section.
SONAR ka full form in Hindi
SONAR ka full form in Hindi is ”ध्वनि नेविगेशन और रेंजिंग“. It has many other Full Forms there are listed Above.
What is the abbreviation of SONAR?
SONAR is an acronym for ”Sound Navigation and Ranging“. The Definition & Meaning of SONAR in Different Categories discussed above.
In this post, we discussed all the important things about What is the meaning of SONAR. You will not only get all the possible SONAR Full Form & Meaning. But also get various acronyms, abbreviations, and the meaning and full form of SONAR with definitions.
|Online Full Form is a website to providing you popular full forms, meaning, abbreviations, and acronyms related to computer, electronics, science, finance, information technology, chemistry, biology, business, organization, Digital marketing, and chat slang. Let's learn, and improve your knowledge! if you find any mistake related to acronym, abbreviation, or meaning then kindly contact us.