The Full Form of DNB: Diplomate of National Board
DNB stands for Diplomate of National Board. DNB is a post-graduate master’s degree program in India that requires a three-year course to obtain the degree. The DNB degree is awarded by the academic committee of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India upon passing the DNB examination.
The DNB degree is recognized by the Government of India, and a gazette notification is issued for the same. Additionally, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued a notification stating that DNB should always be considered equivalent to MD/MS.
The DNB PDCET exam is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE), which is a self-sustaining organization established by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India in 1975.
Its main objective was to organize post-graduate and post-doctoral courses of high and equal national standards in various subjects related to modern treatment and related sciences.
Eligibility criteria for admission in DNB course?
The eligibility criteria for DNB course are as follows:
- For admission to the DNB program, candidates should not be over 50 years of age.
- Those who have passed the MBBS degree or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible for admission.
- They must complete one year of internship.
- Candidates who have passed NEET PG/DNB PDCET are eligible for admission.
- MD and MS in their respective subjects can also sit for the DNB certification exam along with regular trainees.
- Individuals with medical degrees who hold a permanent registration certificate issued by the MCI can choose the course as an option.
- Candidates who have passed MBBS from foreign universities can also take admission.
Now you might have got some ideas about the Meaning and full form of DNB. And also all popular full forms, acronyms, abbreviations, and their meanings and definitions.