On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of IRNSS and the meaning of IRNSS, As well as the meaning, definition, abbreviation, and acronym for IRNSS in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of IRNSS: Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System
IRNSS Stands for Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System. IRNSS, is a satellite-based navigation system intended to provide Indian subcontinent satellite-based positioning services.
It was built to provide accurate positioning and navigation services location, navigation, tracking, mapping, and timing, in the country.
- The system is similar to the Global Positioning System (GPS) in that is used for navigation purposes.
- It navigates accurate position information up to a distance of 1500 km from the country and the country’s border.
- It was initially named NavIC, which stands for Navigation Indian Constellation
- It was renamed IRNSS in 2017 to reflect the fact that the system was intended to provide regional rather than national coverage.
- The system consists of seven satellites and provides services similar to those offered by the Global Positioning System (GPS) worldwide.
IRNSS is used as an acronym to represent Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System. now you might have got some idea about the abbreviation, acronym, Full form, and meaning of IRNSS.