On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of MBBS and the meaning of MBBS, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for MBBS in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of MBBS ‣ Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
MBBS Stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. MBBS is an undergraduate medical degree to become a doctor. MBBS is one of the best professional degrees in the science and medicine field.
The duration of the MBBS course is 5.5 years, which is 4.5 years of academic education + 1 year of compulsory internship. After completing the MBBS course candidates can opt for many careers like General Surgeon, Endocrinologist, Pathologist, Neurologist, Physician, ENT Specialist, Cardiologist, and Oncologist.
Qualifying for MBBS
- Students who wish to pursue MBBS must complete their 12th grade with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology).
- In order to be admitted to a university or college, students must have earned the minimum marks.
- NEET UG is required for students wishing to pursue MBBS in India. Universities and colleges often hold their own entrance exams, and only by passing the required marks can students pursue MBBS courses at those institutions.
- There are entrance exams such as NEET, MCAT, UKCAT, BMAT, GAMSAT, etc., required for MBBS abroad.
- For admission to foreign universities, IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores are required.
- Admission to foreign universities also requires documents such as a statement of purpose, a letter of recommendation, and a resume/CV.
Scope of MBBS
There are many career opportunities available to students after they complete the MBBS program. Depending on the student’s preference, either higher studies or employment may be pursued. Following a successful MBBS degree, MBBS graduates can pursue the following Job profiles
|Job Profile after MBBS||Career Options after MBBS|
|Bacteriologist or Physician||Biomedical Companies|
|Chief Medical Officer||Health Centres|
|Clinical Laboratory Scientist||Hospitals|
|orthopaedist or pathologist||Laboratories|
|Meteorologist or Gynecologist||Medical Colleges|
|General Practitioner||Non-Profit Organizations|
|General Surgeon||Nursing Homes|
|Hospital Administrator||Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies|
|Medical Admitting Officer||Polyclinics|
|Neurologist or Nutritionist||Private Practice|
|Obstetrician or pediatrician||Research Institutes|
There are some of the most commonly used acronyms, abbreviations, full forms, and the MBBS meaning are listed in different categories below the table.
|MBBS||My Book of Bible Stories|
|MBBS||Managed Broadband Service|
|MBBS||Molecular Biology and Biotechnological Science|
|MBBS||Member of backbencher|
|MBBS||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery|
|MBBS||Married But Beautiful Sight|
|MBBS||Multiline Bulletin Board System|
|MBBS||Moderated Bulletin Board Service|
|MBBS||Music Business Bachelor of Science|
|MBBS||Mouth Big, Brain Small|