AYUSH Stands for Ayurvedic Yoga and Naturopathy Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. Ayurvedic Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani Siddha and Homeopathy is a department of the Government of India. Which works under the Ministry of AYUSH. Ministry of AYUSH was established on 9 November 2014.
AYUSH was earlier known as the Department of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy (ISM&H). Then in November 2003, it was separated from the Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy (ISM&H) department into a new department with the aim of emphasizing progress on the development of education and research in Ayurveda, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. Created which was named AYUSH Department. At that time it did not come under the Ministry of AYUSH.
in 2003, it used to work under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The headquarters of AYUSH is in New Delhi. And this ministry is headed by the Minister of State for AYUSH. At present, it is headed by the Minister of State for AYUSH “Shripad Yesso Naik”. He took this post in July 2017.
Key Objectives of AYUSH
The main objective of setting up AYUSH is to expand pharmacopeia standards for homeopathic medicines and to promote the Indian system of medicine, to develop and build research institutes for effective treatment and treatment, to plan and to develop plans for the cultivation and cultivation of medicinal plants.
Propagation – To promote so that the use of medicines made from these systems is maximum and every Indian can take advantage of it and to develop and promote the educational level of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy colleges across the country.
Research Councils of Ministry of AYUSH
- Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH), New Delhi
- Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy (CCRYN), New Delhi
- Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), New Delhi
- Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), New Delhi
- Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS), TAMIL NADU
National Institutions of Ministry of AYUSH
- National Institute of Homeopathy, Kolkata (NIH)
- National Institute of Naturopathy, Pune (NIN)
- National Siddha Institute, Chennai (NIA)
- National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur (NIA)
- Rashtriya Vidyapeeth of Ayurveda (RAV), New Delhi
- Institute of Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Medicine, Jamnagar, Gujarat (IPGTR)
- National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore (NIUM)
- Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY), New Delhi
Finally, you have got the answer to the question of “What is AYUSH”. Thus, AYUSH is an acronym. So it has many full forms in different categories.