There are some of the most commonly asked questions about What NDMA stands for | What is the Meaning of NDMA | Acronyms for NDMA | definition of NDMA | NDMA meaning | NDMA full form in different categories.
The Full Form of NDMA: National Disaster Management Authority
NDMA stands for National Disaster Management Authority. NDMA is the main authority for disaster management in India. It was established on 27 September 2006 under the Disaster Act, 2005. NDMA follows the policies of disaster management in India.
It is the National Disaster Management Authority that formulates the policies of disaster management in India, issues guidelines, and coordinates with the State Disaster Management Authorities (SDMAs) to deal with disasters in India.
When was NDMA initially established in India?
The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) was established in India following the 2004 tsunami in the Indian Ocean, the Gujarat earthquake in 2001, and the 1999 super cyclone in Odisha. According to section 3(1) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the NDMA was established on September 27, 2006. It publishes standards, plans, and policies for disaster management in India.
Functions and Responsibilities of NDMA
The National Disaster Management Authority was established in India to deal with the country’s regular disasters.
- The approval of the National Disaster Management Plan is a critical task.
- The development of policies for effective disaster management is of utmost importance.
- The approval of plans made by various Ministries and Departments of the Central Government, in accordance with the National Plan, is a necessary step towards disaster preparedness.
- Guidelines need to be prepared for state authorities, following which they can develop their own disaster management plans.
- Similarly, guidelines should be created for Ministries and Departments of the Central Government to integrate disaster prevention measures or mitigate the effects of disasters into their development plans and projects.
- Effective coordination and implementation of disaster management policies and plans is essential for efficient response and recovery.
- It is crucial to recommend and provide sufficient funds for effective mitigation of disasters.
- In addition, it is the responsibility of the Central Government to provide assistance to other countries affected by major calamities, as prescribed.
- To deal with threatening disaster situations or disasters, the government should undertake measures for prevention, mitigation, preparedness, and capacity building as deemed necessary.
- Lastly, broad policies and guidelines should be formulated for the functioning of the National Institute of Disaster Management.
Other Acronyms, and meanings of NDMA
|NDMA||Non-prescription Drug Manufacturers Association||Governmental|
|NDMA||Norwegian Defence Materiel Agency||Governmental|
|NDMA||Network Diversity Multiple Access||Computing|
|NDMA||Northern Drag and Motorsport Association||Miscellaneous|
|NDMA||Netview Distribution Manager Agent||Computing|
|NDMA||National Drought Management Authority||Regional|
|NDMA||National Debt Mediation Association||Business|
|NDMA||North Devon Manufacturers Association||Business|
|NDMA||Nacionaline Distancinio Mokymo Asociacija||Sports|
|NDMA||North Dakota Motocross Association||Sports|
|NDMA||Non-Discursive Market Access||Business|
|NDMA||National Disaster Management Authority||Governmental|
|NDMA||N-Nitrosodimethylamine||Academic & Science|
What does NDMA stand for in medical?
NDMA stands for “National Digital Medical Archive” in terms of medical science.
What is the meaning of NDMA?
The meaning of NDMA is “National Disaster Management Authority “.
What is the full form of NDMA in the computer?
The Full Form of NDMA is “Network Diversity Multiple Access” in terms of computer and IT.
What does NDMA mean?
NDMA means “National Disaster Management Authority “.
What is the NDMA Meaning in chemistry?
The NDMA means “N-Nitrosodimethylamine”. N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) is a highly toxic organic compound that is classified as a probable human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
What is the NDMA Full Form in disaster management?
The NDMA Full Form is “National Disaster Management Authority” in the context in disaster management.
Now you might have got some ideas about the Meaning of NDMA. And also the meaning, definition, abbreviation, and acronym for NDMA in different categories.