On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of JVM and the meaning of JVM, As well as the meaning, definition, abbreviation, and acronym for JVM in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of JVM: Java Virtual Machine
JVM stands for Java Virtual Machine. JVM is a software-based machine that is used to run Java programs and processes instructions just like a physical processor.
It can be installed in any operating system such as Windows, Kali Linux or OS X. JVMs allow using Java apps to run on almost all computers system.
JVM has to convert Java code into .JAVA file to understand the instructions of Java code. This binary format, which is called “bytecode”, can be processed in one instruction at a time or compiled into .CLASS file before execution, so that performance can be improved.
Java apps are completely platform-independent, while not all Java programs are compatible with all Java virtual machines.
JVMs are updated from time to time for new instructions with new features and support. Whereas Java often needs a minimum JVM version so that it can run.
Software Code Compilation & Execution process in JVM
- Editor – To type your program in notepad
- Compiler – To convert high language program (HLP) into machine code
- Linker – To combine different program Pages reference in your main program Each other.
- Loader – To load the files from the machine’s secondary storage device such as Hard Disk, Flash Drive, or CD into RAM for execution.
- Execution – Actual execution of the code which is handled by the machine OS & processor.