On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of FSSAI and the meaning of FSSAI, As well as the meaning, definition, abbreviation, and acronym for FSSAI in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
Full Form of FSSAI » Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
FSSAI Stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI is a nodal agency for food safety and standards in India, under the aegis of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
FSSAI regulates food safety and food standards in India. The primary objectives of the FSSAI are to ensure a safe food supply and to protect the consumer. The FSSAI also ensures that food safety and standards are maintained and in compliance with standards.
- The government of India established FSSAI on 5 September 2008 and Its headquarter is located in Delhi.
- There are 8 offices across India which are located in Delhi, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Guwahati, Mumbai, Kolkata, Cochin, and Chennai. There are 76 laboratories across India country also.
- FSSAI was implemented in India under the Food Safety Standards Act, of 2006 which is the Act of India’s Parliament.
- The primary objectives of the FSSAI are to ensure a safe food supply and to protect the consumer.
- It also provides food safety-related services to the people of India such as assessment of food safety requirements, development of standards and regulations, accreditation of laboratories, certification of food products, and food safety education to the end-users, etc. In short, it is the one-stop authority for food safety in India.
Functions of FSSAI
- FSSAI checks and controls the quality and safety of all food items in India.
- FSSAI determines all the measure penalties related to food safety.
- It also checks that laboratories are certified for food testing.
- The collection of data on food-related problems.
- The FSSAI monitors the amount and manner in which food is consumed in India.
- Raises public awareness about the importance of keeping food items pollution-free and of improving their quality.
- it also works in ISO-17025-certified labs to provide and create guidelines.
Documents Required for Fssai License
There is a list of documents required for FSSAI license registration documents, and Documents required for new FSSAI registration. FSSAI registration documents are required, fssai license documents
- 2 passport-size photographs,
- Identity Proof such as Aadhar card, Voter ID card, Driving license, etc.
- PAN card: of the owner, proprietor, partner or director,
- Address proof: Rent agreement, electricity bill, etc.
- Authority letter with the name and address of the nominated person,
- A complete list of foods to be included in the business,
- Declaration form
- With layout plans and measurements.