On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of GUI and the meaning of GUI, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for GUI in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
Full Form of GUI: Graphical User Interface
GUI Stands for Graphical User Interface. GUI is the style of software design in which the user interacts with the application through icons, search, images, text boxes, windows, menus, and many other graphical elements.
- GUI is the interface used by humans to interact with computers, smartphones, tablets, and other electronic devices.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) allows device users to interact, navigate, use and manipulate the operating system, applications, files, and settings on a device.
- GUI design is used in many other applications such as games, web interfaces, mobile operating systems, and many other places.
- The most common example of a graphical user interface is the computer desktop, where icons are used to represent different icons like files, programs, and other tools.
- Windows is a GUI-based operating system, whereas, MS-DOS is a CLI operating system.
What is the difference between GUI and CLI?
Now we know What is the graphical user interface? but a little bit of confusion that What is the difference between GUI and CLI, so let’s know about the Difference between GUI Vs CLI
|GUI Stands for Graphical User Interface.||CLI stands for Command Line Interface.|
|It is a Graphics-based interface||it is a text-based interface.|
|It consumes high memory.||It consumes a little bit of system memory.|
|The GUI is easy to use.||The CLI is quite difficult to use.|
|The speed of GUI is slower than CLI.||In CLI all the work is done by command so it is faster than GUI.|
|GUI operating system requires a mouse and keyboard.||The CLI operating system only requires a keyboard.|
|its Appearance can be modified or changed.||The Appearance of the CLI cannot be modified or changed.|
|Input can be given from anywhere on the screen while in the GUI.||In the CLI, input is entered through the command prompt.|
|The menu is provided in GUI.||the menu is not provided in CLI.|
|GUI allows pointing devices for the selection of items.||The CLI does not allow any kind of pointing device.|
|spelling mistakes and typing errors are avoided in GUI.||Spelling and typing errors are not avoided in the CLI.|
There are some of the most commonly used acronyms, abbreviations, full forms, and the GUI meaning are listed in different categories below the table.
|GUI||Get Updated Information|
|GUI||GIMP User Interface|
|GUI||Global Unique Identifier|
|GUI||Graphical User Interface|
computer ‣ operating system
|GUI||Graphics User Interface|
|GUI||Graphing Ultimate Interface|
|GUI||Guide for User Intelligence|