On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of Wi-Fi and the meaning of Wi-Fi, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for Wi-Fi in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of Wi-Fi: Wireless Fidelity
WiFi Stands for Wireless Fidelity. Wi-Fi is a wireless networking technology that allows devices to connect to the internet without the need for physical cables that uses radio waves to provide high-speed internet access.
Wi-Fi can be used to connect computers, smartphones, tablets, and other devices to the internet. It is a popular option for home and office networking because it is typically more affordable and easier to set up than a wired Internet connection network.
Additionally, Wi-Fi provides more flexibility in terms of where you can place your wireless devices. and it is often used in public places like coffee shops, schools, colleges, and libraries.
History of wifi technology
- Australian Radio Astronomer Dr John O Sullivan and terence percival, diethelm ostry, john deane, graham, daniels invented Wifi Technology in 1997.
- WiFi technology is owned by a non-profit organization named WiFi Alliance.
- WiFi technology is based on IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) 802.11
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) defines WIFI standards protocol that works under 802 network specifications. such as
- IEEE set 802.3 is used for Ethernet
- IEEE set 802.15 is used for Bluetooth
- IEEE set 802.11 is used for WIFI networking standards
|2.4 & 5 GHz
Difference between WLAN and Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi is also a type of WLAN network that connects our smartphones, pc, and laptops. wireless technology that allows wireless routers that provide high-speed Internet access in a limited area. let’s know what is difference between WLAN and Wi-Fi
|Wi-Fi is a technology working based on WLAN technology.
|WLAN is a type of wireless technology, so
|However, there is no type of Wi-Fi
|There are many types of wireless LAN such as – WWAN, WMAN, WLAN, WPAN
|Wi-Fi works based on radio frequency only
|Wireless LAN can work through cable in addition to radio-frequency
|WiFi only works for a short-range
|The coverage range of WLAN is very wide,
|The coverage range of WiFi is about 300 feet i.e. about 90 meters.
|Area coverage of WLAN with antenna is up to 5 km.
|It uses the IEEE 802.11 standards protocols, such as 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
|It does not use any standard, but it uses a trademark.
There are some of the most commonly used acronyms, abbreviations, full forms, and the Wi-Fi meaning are listed in different categories below the table.
|Wireless Internet Free Internet
|Water in Fuel Indicator
|Wireless Internet for Frequent Interface
|Wireless Internet For Idiots
|Where Is Food Iiieeey
|Wireless Fidelity Alliance
|Wireless Internet Frequent Interface
|Wireless Imagination Found Interesting
|WIre Free Internet