On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of DIG and the meaning of DIG, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for DIG in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of DIG » Deputy Inspector General of Police
DIG Stands for Deputy Inspector General of Police. A DIG is a high-ranking senior police officer in India. It is under an IGP or IG Police. Regarding ranking, the DIG rank is almost equal to the Brigadier rank in the Indian Army.
DIG is known as the Joint Commissioner of Police or JCP. The DIG assists the Inspector General of Police in the supervision and control of the Police Force in his area.
Responsibilities of DIG
DIG gives the command to the police to maintain law and order in his area and informs about his work to his higher officials. DIG work as the representative of the IG
- DIG Police passes orders to maintain law and order in his area.
- Important decisions are taken by the DIG to maintain peace and discipline in his area.
- The DIG provides information about the work to the Inspector General of Police (IG).
- The salary of DIG varies from state wise. but The average salary of DIG ranges from 37,400 to 80,000 per month. Apart from this various types of allowances such as grade pay, dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, medical and accommodation, etc. are provided by the government.
How to become a DIG
To become a DIG, you have to go through all the processes mentioned below-
- To become a DIG, you have to clear any one exam conducted by UPSC or State PSC.
- The UPSC or State PSC exam is conducted in three phases which prelims in the first phase, mains in the second phase, and interviews in the third phase.
- After clearing the exam the candidate becomes an IPS officer.
- An IPS officer must pass certain tests before being appointed as an Assistant Commissioner of Police (APS) or Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) (ASP).
- The ASP or APS is then appointed as Superintendent of Police (SP) based on their performance and track record.
- After this, SP is appointed to the position of SSP based on his or her experience (Senior Superintendent of Police).
- Then the SSP becomes a DIG (Deputy Inspector General of Police).
|DIG||Digital Image Games|
|DIG||Domain Information Groper|
|DIG||Dialogue on Internet Governance|
|DIG||Deputy Inspector General|
|DIG||Desmoplastic Infantile Ganglioglioma|
|DIG||Digital Imaging Group|
|DIG||Direction In Groove|
|DIG||Developer’s Interest Group|