On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of AMOLED and the meaning of AMOLED, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for AMOLED in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of AMOLED: Active Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode
AMOLED stands for Active Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode. AMOLED is a display technology used in smartphones and other devices.
AMOLED displays are made of an organic material that emits light when an electric current is passed through it. OLEDs are made by depositing organic materials onto a substrate, typically glass or plastic.
What are the advantages of AMOLED display?
- Low Power Consumption – There is no LED light behind AMOLED displays, which makes them low-power consumption displays. Each of its pixels is an LED in itself. Only the pixel that is needed is on, the rest of the pixels are off. Therefore, Therefore, the power consumption is Low than the other display technology.
- High Contrast – There is more contrast on the AMOLED display than on any other display. Because of this, it displays sharper than any other picture quality.
- Dynamic Color – There are many dynamic colors on an AMOLED display. Of course, it is not a natural color but it looks good to the eyes.
- Viewing Angle – AMOLED displays also show a very wide viewing angle, Its displays have a viewing angle between 178 degrees and 180 degrees.
- Thin Display – Because AMOLEDs are thinner than any other technology, they are rather thin in themselves, so they also look quite attractive because there is no backlight LED.
Uses of AMOLED Display
AMOLED displays have several advantages over traditional LCD displays. The weight, energy efficiency, and thinner design of AMOLED displays make them more efficient than LED. It also has a wider viewing angle and can display true black colors.
The technology is used in smartphones, tablets, laptops, and televisions. AMOLED displays are known for their high image quality, wide color gamut, and high contrast ratio.
Types of Amoled Display
Different mobile brands have created different marketing terms for AMOLED display by making slight changes –
- Super AMOLED
- Super AMOLED Advanced
- Super AMOLED Plus
- HD Super AMOLED
- HD Super AMOLED Plus
- Full HD Super AMOLED
- Quad HD Super AMOLED