On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of CV and the meaning of CV, As well as the meaning, definition, abbreviation, and acronym for CV in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of CV: Curriculum Vitae
CV Stands for Curriculum Vitae. CV (Curriculum Vitae) is derived from Latin words that mean “course of life.” It is usually 2 to 3 pages long and it has more detail than the resume.
The CV contains all the details and information about your current position. as well as your previous employment history, your professional qualification, and any specializations.
You can also write about your life’s achievements, as well as your contribution and achievement in previous work. In short, Everything that has happened in his career so far is mentioned in it. Education and other attributes, such as awards, honors, and prizes, are also included in your CV.
How to Write a Perfect CV (Curriculum Vitae)
Curriculum vitae (CV) is an important part of a student’s professional profile, and a very useful document for colleges, universities, and employers.
The CV should address the student’s educational and professional credentials, as well as the student’s personal characteristics. The CV reflects the student’s personality as well as his or her accomplishments. let’s learn how to write a perfect CV.
- you should Pick the right CV format
- Choose clear and legible fonts like Arial, Tahoma, or Helvetica or sans-serif fonts
- Clearly differentiated section headings
- Make sure there are enough margins and space between the text to make it easy to read.
- make sure to pick the right font size. For section titles, type 14-16 pt. For normal text, type 11-12 pt.
- Put Proper Order of Sections such as, CV Header starts with Contact Information then Personal Profile then Objective or CV Summary and Work Experience then Education. you must have included your Work experience, Skills, Education
- Then include Optional Sections such as Certifications and awards, Languages, Volunteer Experience, Personal projects
The contact information Section Should be Include
- First name, Last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- LinkedIn, Quora, Twitter, Stack Overflow / Github profile
- Home address
The CV summary Section Should be Include
- Jobs and years of experience in the workplace
- Important accomplishments, awards, honors, and prizes
- Achievements and responsibilities that are relevant.
- Your goal is to find what you’re looking for.
The CV Work Experience Section Should be Include
- job title/position.
- Company name, location, description.
- Achievements and responsibilities.
- Date employed.
- like – sales manager, Nike, 10-2015–present London
The Skills Section should be
- Soft skills- leadership, time management, teamwork, leadership, good communication skills, patience, etc
- Hard skills – these includes your tasks related skills such as information research on the internet, typing, coding, etc
Education Section on Your CV
- Degree Name
- Your degree – Program name, University name, Year attended, GPA
- Institution name
- Honors or prizes (if applicable)
The Additional Sections in CV
- Language – Native, Fluent, Proficient, Intermediate, Basic
- Volunteer experience
- Hobbies and interests
- Freelance work
- Academic achievements
- Personal website or blog
Difference Between CV and Resume
Many people do not know the difference between a CV and a Resume. There is not much difference between a CV and a Resume but there is a slight difference.
|In the content of your CV, write about educational qualifications, name, email, address, phone number, hobbies, achievements, soft skills or experience in life, etc.
|On the basis of the job for which you are applying, you have to write in the resume.
|CV is static which means that it is not changed according to the job.
|It is changed according to the requirement of the job.
|The information given in the CV is more than the Resume A CV should not be longer than 2 or 3 pages.
|The resume should contain a maximum of 1 or 2 pages.
|CV is used to apply for any academic position like a teacher, internship and fellowship, etc.
|The resume is used to apply for jobs in any private company or for jobs in government and business industries.
CV is used as an acronym to represent Curriculum Vitae. now you might have got some idea about the abbreviation, acronym, Full form, and meaning of a CV. But, There Are some Most Using Full-Form and meaning of CV acronyms and abbreviations listed in different categories below the table.