The Full Form of Asean: Association of Southeast Asian Nations
Asean stands for Association of Southeast Asian Nations. The organization of Southeast Asian countries is a regional organization established to promote political and social stability among the growing tensions of the Pacific countries. The headquarters of ASEAN is located in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. The ideal motto of ASEAN is “One Vision, One Identity, One Community”. ASEAN Day is celebrated on August 8th.
member Country of Asean
Aim and objective of Asean
- The aim is to accelerate economic development, social progress, and cultural advancement for the prosperous and peaceful communities of Southeast Asian countries.
- This will be achieved through respect for justice and the rule of law, as well as adherence to the principles of the United Nations Charter to promote regional peace and stability.
- There will be active collaboration and mutual assistance in matters of common interest in the economic, social, cultural, technical, scientific, and administrative sectors.
- Additionally, there will be more effective cooperation to improve agriculture and industries, expand trade, improve transportation and communication facilities, and enhance the standard of living for people.
- The goal is also to promote the study of Southeast Asia and maintain close and beneficial cooperation with existing international and regional organizations.