Are you looking for the full form of NCRB and the meaning of NCRB? So, in this post, we are going to learn about what is NCRB, what NCRB stands for, the abbreviation, and the acronym for NCRB, So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of NCRB: National Crime Records Bureau
NCRB stands for National Crime Records Bureau. The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) is a central agency responsible for collecting and maintaining data on crime in India. It was established in 1986 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
The NCRB compiles statistics on a variety of crimes, including murder, rape, dowry deaths, kidnapping, and more. It also maintains a database of fingerprints and criminal records.
Overviews of NCRB
- The NCRB was established by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs in 1986.
- Through information technology solutions and criminal intelligence, NCRB aims to enhance law enforcement in the Indian Police through effective law enforcement.
- According to the Tandon Committee, the National Police Commission (1977-1981) and the Task Force of the Ministry of Home Affairs, the National Crime Records Bureau should be established.
- The NCRB was set up to help track crimes and criminals by collecting and maintaining information about crime and criminals.
- The NCRB collects comprehensive crime statistics across the country (the ‘Crime in India’ report).
- From 1953 to the present, this report serves as an important tool for analyzing law and order in the country.
Function of NCRB
- CCTNS (Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System) was implemented by the National Crime Records Bureau in 2009.
- Through CCTNS, police personnel can track criminals/suspects.
- Bureau also maintains the National Database of Sexual Offenders (NDSO) and provides it to states and UTs on a regular basis.
- Also assigned to the Bureau will be the technical and operational oversight of the ‘Online Cyber Crime Information Portal’ platform, through which citizens can report child pornography, rapes, and gang rapes.
- For various stakeholders involved in investigating and prosecuting cybercrime, the Bureau has launched CITRAN, an online training portal.
- As part of its responsibilities, the Bureau also manages the Counterfeit Currency Information and Management System (FICN) and the Integrated Monitoring Application on Terrorism (IMAT).
- A number of other publications are also compiled and published by the Bureau including ‘Crime in India’, ‘Accidental Death and Suicide’, and ‘Prison Statistics’.
- Through its training centers in Delhi and Kolkata, as well as the four Regional Police Computer Training Centers in Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Lucknow, and Kolkata, the Bureau also assists various states in developing capacity in IT, CCTNS, Fingerprint, Network Security, and Digital Forensics.
NCRB meaning and FAQs
We have discussed what NCRB stands for, as well as the full form, meaning, and definition of NCRB. Now we are going to discuss some frequently asked questions on the internet. So, there are many FAQs on the meaning and the full form of NCRB. Let’s explore NCRB Meaning and FAQs.
What is the full form of NCRB in Police?
The Full Form of NCRB is “National Crime Records Bureau ” in the context of Police. the Definition of NCRB and all possible meanings are given above, You might also like some similar terms related to NCRB.
What is the meaning of NCRB?
The meaning of NCRB is “National Crime Records Bureau “. Check out all the meanings of NCRB one by one, You might be searching for another term that is similar to NCRB. since there may be more than one meaning of NCRB.
What does NCRB stand for?
NCRB stands for “National Crime Records Bureau “. NCRB is also related to some other terms that you might like to know more about. so check out all meanings of NCRB in the Above post section.
What does NCRB mean in Investigation?
NCRB means “National Crime Records Bureau ” In the terms of Investigation. Earlier, we explained what NCRB means. you can read Most used NCRB Full Form and Meaning. check-out related information in the above section.
What is the acronym of NCRB?
NCRB is an acronym for “National Crime Records Bureau “. The Definition & Meaning of NCRB in Different Categories discussed above.
What is the full form of NCRB in crime?
The full name of NCRB “National Crime Records Bureau ” in crime. Finally, we also discussed all the important things about, What is that NCRB and also related to the full name of NCRB.
what does the abbreviation NCRB stand for
The abbreviation of NCRB represents “National Crime Records Bureau “. You can also know some Most Using Full-Form and The meaning of NCRB in the above section
What is the NCRB Meaning in Police?
The NCRB means “National Crime Records Bureau “. It is the most commonly used acronym in . It may be more than one meaning of NCRB so check out one by one in the above section.
What is the NCRB Full Form?
NCRB is a term that stands for “National Crime Records Bureau“. It has many other Full Forms there are listed Above.
Now you might have got some ideas about the abbreviation, acronym, full form, and meaning of NCRB. Also all popular full forms, acronyms, abbreviations, and NCRB meanings and definitions.