On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of NATO and the meaning of NATO, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for NATO in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
Full Form of NATO: North Atlantic Treaty Organization
NATO Stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organization. NATO is an inter-governmental military organization, that was established on April 4, 1949, in Washington, D.C. by 12 founding members including the USA, UK, France, Canada, Italy, Netherlands, Iceland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, and Denmark. The headquarter of NATO is located in Brussels, the capital of Belgium.
- The main goal of NATO is to deter and defend against possible aggression by the Soviet Union, Russia, and China.
- NATO was founded at the end of the Second World War with the goal of preventing future conflicts between the member nations.
- Since the end of the Cold War, NATO has continued to play an important role in European and global affairs, particularly in the fight against terrorism.
Purpose of NATO Organisation
NATO is an inter-governmental military organization between Europe and North America. the main purpose of Nato is –
- The purpose of NATO is to maintain the political independence and military security of its member states.
- Prevent the expansion of the Soviet Union in Western Europe
- To ensure the freedom and security of its member states.
- Maintaining solidarity and harmony among member states
- To protect the territory of Nato member states and try to reduce the crisis.
- Do not accept terrorism in any cost.
- Overall, the main objective of this organization was to unite the whole world community against the Soviet Union and increase the influence of America.
How many Member countries list in NATO
At present, there is 30 member county in NATO. the first member county of nato is Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, and the United Kingdom in 1949.
Recently, in 2020 North Macedonia is a new member of nato (North Atlantic Treaty Organization).
|Nato member||Nato member||Nato member|
|Belgium (1949)||The United Kingdom (1949)||Estonia (2004)|
|Canada (1949)||The United States (1949)||Latvia (2004)|
|Denmark (1949)||Greece (1952)||Lithuania (2004)|
|France (1949)||Turkey (1952)||Romania (2004)|
|Iceland (1949)||Germany (1955)||Slovakia (2004)|
|Italy (1949)||Spain (1982)||Slovenia (2004)|
|Luxembourg (1949)||Czech Republic (1999)||Albania (2009)|
|Netherlands (1949)||Hungary (1999)||Croatia (2009)|
|Norway (1949)||Poland (1999)||Montenegro (2017)|
|Portugal (1949)||Bulgaria (2004)||North Macedonia (2020)|
Similar meaning of NATO
There are some of the most commonly used acronyms, abbreviations, full forms, and the NATO meaning are listed in different categories below the table.
|NATO||Never Allow the Teachers Out|
|NATO||Needs Alcohol to Operate|
|NATO||No Action Talk Only|
|NATO||North American Tournament Organization|
|NATO||No Action, Transport Only|
|NATO||Needs America To Operate|
|NATO||National Association Of Times Out|
|NATO||Not Attached To Outcome|
|NATO||North Atlantic Treaty Organization|
|NATO||Not Another Time Out?|
|NATO||National Association of Theatre Owners|
|NATO||Not Able To Organize|
|NATO||North Atlantic Tickets and Ordering|
|NATO||National Association of Theater Owners|
|NATO||The North American Telemark Organization|
|NATO||Not A Terrorist Organization|