On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of MAC and the meaning of MAC, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for MAC in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
Full Form of Mac: Media Access Control Address
Mac OS Stands for Media Access Control Address. MAC address, a unique identifier assigned to network interface devices (network cards and network routers) that allows identifying a specific network interface on a network device
Such as Ethernet and WiFi cards, on a computing device. The MAC address is used to allow devices on the LAN to communicate with each other.
- The MAC address is a unique string of numbers and letters that is used to identify devices on a local area network.
- Mac-address consists of 12 digits, that is separated by hyphens and divided into 2-2
- The initial 6 digits identify the manufacturer. it is also called Organizational Unique Identifier (OUI)
- The remaining 6 serial numbers represent the model and “Network Interface Controller”
- For example – 00:0d:83:b1:c0:8e.
What are the uses of MAC address
- Use to track a device location
- Mac Address work as a wireless network filter. This prevents unknown networks from accessing.
- Mac Address is also used to track who is using the network and to limit their access.
- Mac Address is used to identify the device.
- With the help of Mac Address, electronic and networking devices can connect and communicate with each other.
Full Form of Mac OS: Macintosh operating systems
Mac OS Stands for Macintosh operating system. Mac OS is a series of operating systems that are used in Apple computers, including the Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, and iMac. Actually, Mac is designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.
The first version of Mac OS was called Mac OS 7, which was a graphical user interface system that was originally designed for ease of use on a desktop computer.
Since then, the Mac OS has evolved significantly to be able to run on a variety of devices, including laptops, desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
There are some of the most commonly used acronyms, abbreviations, full forms, and the MAC meaning are listed in different categories below the table.
|MAC||Make A Change|
|MAC||Mammalian Artificial Chromosome|
|MAC||Mandatory Access Control|
|MAC||Market Access & Compliance|
|MAC||Media Access Control|
|MAC||Media Access Controller|
|MAC||Medium Access Control|
|MAC||Message Authentication Code|
|MAC||Monitored Anesthesia Care|
|MAC||Multiplexed Analogue Components|
|MAC||Mycobacterium avium complex|