On this page, We are going to learn about the full form of Chess and the meaning of Chess, As well as the meaning, definition, and acronym for Chess in different categories. So you should read this post till the end.
The Full Form of Chess: Chariot Horse Elephant SoldierS
Chess stands for Chariot Horse Elephant SoldierS. The game of chess is an Indore board game played between two players. There are many different variants of chess, but the most popular is the game we now know as standard chess.
Standard chess is played on an 8×8 board, with two players each having 16 pieces. In the chess game, there are eight pawns, a king, a queen, two rooks, two knights, and two bishops.
- Chess is an indoor
- There are only 2 Players needed to play chess
- It can be played by people of any age, but some tournaments have age restrictions.
- There are 64 boxes on the chessboard
- And, There are 32 chess balls of which 16-16 are divided in the ratio.
- The object of the game is to checkmate the opponent’s king, which is done by trapping it so it cannot move.
- This can be done by attacking it with your own pieces, or by blocking its escape routes.
- There are several different kinds of chess tournaments, it would be from one minute to six hours long
- World Chess Championship begins in 1886
- World Chess Day is celebrated on 20 July
- When is World Chess Day celebrated?
- Who became the 66th Chess Grandmaster of India?
History of Chess
There is no evidence of who made chess and in which country it originated. but it is believed that people played games similar to chess almost 2000 years ago. It was a popular game during the Gupta Empire’s reign from 280-550.
Eventually, chess was introduced to South Europe around the 1200s, and major changes were made to it around 1475. As a result, this game was adopted by Spain and Italy with some changes.
Aim of Chess Game
An opponent plays chess against another opponent. Chessboards have 64 boxes of white and black colors. A total of 32 pieces are used in this game, and each player has 16 pieces. The board has 16 white and 16 black pieces.
In each team, there is a king, a queen, two elephants, two horses, two camels, and eight pawns. In this game, you try to checkmate the opponent.
The object of the game is to checkmate the opponent’s king, which is done by trapping it so it cannot move.
This can be done by attacking it with your own pieces, or by blocking its escape routes. An example of check and victory is when someone occupies the king’s place and no one can remove him.
Rule of the chess game
Chess pieces are placed on the chessboard at the beginning of the game. These pieces are always set the same way in the game, without any changes.
- The white piece is taken by one player, while the black piece is taken by the other.
- The elephants of the era of the chessboard were placed in both corners, then the horses of his side were placed in both corners, and finally, camels were placed on his side as well.
- The king and queen keep the left and right sides, respectively.
- A front row of eight pawns is kept.
- If you take the white piece, you walk first.
How to Play Chess Game
There is a specific placement and speed at which each piece in chess moves. Pieces cannot be moved over other pieces, if they belong to the front they are killed, if they belong to the back they cannot be moved over.
- King – There is only one purpose of this game: to save the king. It is the most important, but it is also the weakest. A king can only move forward or backward, up and down, side to side, or diagonally.
- Rani – A very powerful player in the game is the Queen, also known as Wazir. It can walk diagonally, straight, forward, backward, any number of squares, in any direction.
- Elephant – Elephants can walk in any number of squares, but it can only walk vertically or horizontally, not diagonally. Besides elephants, players can also use two elephants at the same time. Elephants work together and protect each other.
- Camel – Camels can walk anywhere they want, but they can only run diagonally. It is beneficial for both camels to work together
- Horse – Horses have a very unique gait. It walks two and a half houses in any one direction. As the L shape is there, so does the movement. The horse is the only piece that can move over any other piece.
- Pawn – The pawn plays the role of a soldier. The piece goes one step ahead but hits another piece diagonally. A pawn moves only one square at a time, it can only move 2 squares in the first move. It cannot move behind, nor can it kill. If someone comes in front of the pawn, it cannot back down, nor can it hit the front person directly. Pawns are entitled to certain rights. Whenever it reaches that side of the board, the other pieces of the chase become promoted.
What is some Special Rule of the Chess Game
Castling – The chess rules allow you to do two things at once, save a king and remove the elephant from the corner and bring it into the middle.
In this game, the player moves his king two squares instead of one and keeps the elephant by his side. These things are necessary for casting –
- There can be only one casting by the king.
- It should be the king’s first move.
- A first move should be made by the elephant.
- There should not even be a knot between the king and the elephant.
- There should be no check or defeat on the king.
Check-And-Mate – The term check-and-mate refers to a situation where the king is betrothed on all sides and cannot escape. There are ways to escape check-and-mate situations
- remove the king from that place
- move the second piece to the middle of the check
- kill that piece
- If the king is not able to escape from check and beat, then the game ends there.
Game Tie (draw) – Whenever there is no winner in a game, it is drawn. There are five possible reasons for a draw –
- The game is stopped by both players after they agree
- When there is no piece left on the board to check and beat
- In case of a similar position three times in a row, a player could call a draw.
- When a player moves, his king is not checkmated, but despite this, he has no room to move.
There are some of the most commonly used acronyms, abbreviations, full forms, and the Chess meaning are listed in different categories below the table.
|CHESS||Clearing House Electronic Sub-register System|
|CHESS||Consortium for Higher Education Software Services|
|CHESS||Chemical Shift Selective Imaging Sequence|
|CHESS||Computer Hardware Enterprise Software and Solutions|
|CHESS||Clearance House Electronic Subregister System|
|CHESS||Comprehensive Health Enhancement Support System|
|CHESS||Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source|
|CHESS||Clearing House Electronic Subregister System|
|CHESS||Christian Home Educators of Sulphur Springs|
|CHESS||Chariot, Horse, Elephant, SoldierS|
|CHESS||Christian Home Educators Support System|
Chess meaning and FAQs
What is the full form of Chess in the game terms?
The Full Form of Chess is “Computer Hardware Enterprise Software and Solutions” in the context of Game terms. the Definition of Chess and all possible meanings are given above, You might also like some similar terms related to Chess.
What is the meaning of Chess in computer software?
The meaning of Chess is “Consortium for Higher Education Software Services” in the terms of computer software. Check out all the meanings of Chess one by one, You might be searching for another term that is similar to Chess. since there may be more than one meaning of Chess.
What does Chess stand for?
Chess stands for “Chariot Horse Elephant SoldierS “. Chess is also related to some other terms that you might like to know more about. so check out all meanings of Chess in the Above post section.
What does Chess mean in the Stock exchange?
Chess means “Clearing House Electronic Sub-register System” In the terms of Stock exchange. Earlier, we explained what Chess means. you can read Most used Chess Full Form and Meaning. check-out related information in the above section.
What is the full form of Chess in electronics?
The full name of Chess is “Clearing House Electronic Subregister System” Finally, we also discussed all the important things about, What is that Chess and also related to the full name of Chess.
what does the abbreviation Chess stand for board game
The abbreviation of Chess represents “Chariot Horse Elephant SoldierS ” in the terms of the board game. You can also know some Most Using Full-Form and The meaning of Chess in the above section
What is the Chess Meaning in Medical terms?
The Chess means “Comprehensive Health Enhancement Support System”. It is the most commonly used acronym in medicine. It may be more than one meaning of Chess so check out one by one in the above section.
What is the Chess Full Form on the computer?
Chess is a computer and IT term that stands for “Computer Hardware Enterprise Software and Solutions“. It has many other Full Forms there are listed Above.