Do you want to know, What does ABS stand for automobiles? We are going to learn about The full form of ABS in terms. you will also come to know the meaning of ABS in different categories. And also what are the abbreviations of ABS ka full form? So you should read this post till the end?
Full Form of ABS » Anti-lock Braking System
ABS Stands for Anti-lock Braking System. ABS is a system that prevents a vehicle’s wheels from locking when they are braked. This is a safety system that improves the vehicle’s ability to stop in the shortest distance possible when the brakes are applied while the vehicle is moving.
Anti-lock Braking System helps the driver to maintain steering control and bring the vehicle to a stop. Along with, There are different types of feature of ABS ( Anti-lock Braking System ) like-
- It doesn’t let you slip when braking suddenly
- ABS prevents your vehicle’s wheels from locking when you apply brakes suddenly
- Driver can control his vehicle easily
- Anti-lock Braking System helps you in rough roads and rainy weather and prevents the car or vehicle from slipping
How do ABS systems work?
ABS (Anti-lock braking system) is designed to prevent wheels from locking up when a vehicle is braking. The system is designed to allow the wheels to continue turning, even if the vehicle is skidding, which allows the vehicle to maintain steering control and prevent a slide.
In most modern vehicles, the ABS system operates in conjunction with the vehicle’s regular brakes to provide additional stopping power in an emergency.
In some older vehicles, however, the ABS system can be engaged as a separate function, providing additional stopping power regardless of whether the vehicle’s regular brakes are engaged.
There are mainly four things used in the working of the ABS system.
- Wheel Speed Sensors: ABS determines the speed and acceleration of the wheel with the help of speed sensors. Basically, the speed sensors use the toothed wheel of the vehicle to detect the speed and acceleration of the wheel.
- Valves: Each brake controlled by ABS has a valve in its brake line. Which controls the stability of the brake or the pressure of the brake.
- pump: In ABS the pump is used to create pressure on the hydraulic brake after releasing the valve.
- controller: The controller helps to create pressure on the hydraulic brakes.
Invention of ABS
- The first generation of ABS systems used hydraulic pumps to activate the brakes, but modern systems use advanced sensors to detect when the brakes are about to lock up and activate the brakes automatically.
- This system was originally developed for aircraft in the 1940s to prevent skidding during landing.
- The first fully electronic anti-lock system was developed for Concorde aircraft in the late 1960s.
- Later the technology has evolved to become an integral part of modern vehicles, improving safety and allowing the driver to maintain steering control during hard braking.
- The modern ABS system was invented by Mario Palazzetti at the Fiat Research Center.
Full Form of ABS for Plastic Material » Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
ABS Stands for Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene. Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic material is a thermoplastic polymer that is durable, easy to process, and is often used to make 3D printers. The composition of ABS plastic is 65% styrene, 33% butadiene, and 2% other additives.
Uses of ABS Plastic (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) is used to make many products, such as 3D printers, toys, pens. It is a flexible material, but it can be used to make very stable objects. It is a strong material, which makes it useful in the manufacture of car parts, such as steering wheels and pedals. It is also used to make things such as containers for paint and varnish, and packaging for food.
ABS is used as an acronym to represent Anti-lock Braking System. now you might have got some idea about the abbreviation, acronym, Full form, and meaning of ABS. But, There Are some Most Using The full form of ABS listed in different categories below the table.
|ABS||Anti-lock Braking System|
Governmental » Military
|ABS||Asset Backed Securities|
Business » Stock Exchange
Health » Gym
|ABS||Automated Bond System|
Business » Stock Exchange
Governmental » NASA
|ABS||Anti Bolt Stick|
Internet » Chat
Community » News & Media
|ABS||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene|
Material » Plastics
|ABS||Anti Blockier System|
Computing » Cyber & Security
What does ABS stand for ?
In the above article, we have discussed The Definition and meaning of ABS. Now we are going to discuss some FAQs that are frequently asked on the internet. So there are many FAQs on the full form of ABS. let’s explore some of them.
What is the full form of ABS?
The Full Form of ABS is ”Anti-lock Braking System“ The Definition of ABS and all possible meanings are given above, You might also like some similar terms related to ABS.
What does ABS stand for chat?
ABS stands for ”Absolutely“ in chat, text, or Slang. ABS is also one of the most popular internet slang that is commonly used for social or e-chatting.
What is full form of ABS in Gym?
ABS stands for Zym ”Abdominal“. commonly it is known as stomach muscles. There are four types of abdominal muscles in the Human body which are your rectus abdomens, internal oblique, external oblique, and transversus abdominis.
What is the ABS Meaning in Hindi
The ABS meaning in Hindi is ”लॉक – रोधी ब्रेकिंग प्रणाली“. It may be more than one Meaning of ABS so check out one by one in the above section.
ABS ka full form in Hindi
ABS ka full form in Hindi is ”लॉक – रोधी ब्रेकिंग प्रणाली“. It has many other Full Forms there are listed Above.
What is the meaning of ABS in 3D printing
ABS is an acronym for ”Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene“. The Definition & Meaning of ABS in Different Categories discussed above.
In this post, we discussed all the important things about What does ABS stands for. You will not only get all the possible ABS Full Form & Meaning. But also get various acronyms, abbreviations, and the meaning and full form of ABS with definitions.